(International English Language Testing System)
- The International English Language Testing System, or IELTS, is an international Standardised test of English language.
- It is jointly managed by the British Council, IDP: IELTS Australia and Cambridge English Language Assessment were established in 1989.
- IELTS is one of the major English-language tests in the world, others being the TOEFL, TOEIC and OPI/OPIc.
IELTS Test Structure
Academic Module :
- IELTS Academic is intended for those who want to enroll in universities and other institutions of higher education and for professionals.
General Training Module :
- IELTS General Training is intended for those planning to undertake non-academic training or to gain work experience, or for immigration purposes.
The IELTS test has four parts
- Listening: 30 minutes (plus 10 minutes transfer time)
- Reading: 60 minutes
- Writing: 60 minutes
- Speaking: 11–14 minutes