The GREAT Scholarships program is a joint initiative between the UK government’s GREAT Britain Campaign, the British Council, and participating UK higher education institutions. As part of the program, all GREAT scholars will be invited to a welcome event during the first semester and a networking event during the second semester.
The GREAT Scholarships program provides a fantastic opportunity for students from 14 countries to receive £10,000 towards their tuition fees for a variety of one-year taught postgraduate courses. In the academic year of 2023-24, 49 universities located in England, Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland will be offering a total of 200 scholarships.
These scholarships are available to students from the following countries: Bangladesh, China, Egypt, Ghana, Kenya, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Thailand, Turkey, and Vietnam.
- Arts University Bournemouth
- Edge Hill University
- Guildhall School of Music and Drama
- Imperial College London
- Keele University
- Nottingham Trent University
- Robert Gordon University
- Royal Northern College of Music
- Sheffield Hallam University
- University of Edinburgh
- Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
- University College London
- University of Bath
- University of Bristol
- University of Essex
- University of Hull
- University of Southampton
- University of York
- University of Birmingham
- University of Kent
- University of Strathclyde
- University of Plymouth
- University of Nottingham
- St George’s, University of London
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
• You must be a citizen of India.
• You should hold an undergraduate degree and possess a strong motivation and interest in the subject area proposed for study.
• You must meet the English language requirement of the UK Higher Education Institution (HEI) you are applying to.
• You must demonstrate an engagement with the UK as a scholar, both personally and academically.
• You should be willing to attend a networking event of all UK-based GREAT scholars, where you can discuss your experiences and share perceptions of studying in the UK.
• You should be willing to maintain contact with the British Council and your HEI and act as an ambassador for the GREAT Scholarships.
• As an alumnus of the GREAT Scholarships, you may occasionally be asked to speak to potential candidates about your own experience of studying in the UK.
If you wish to apply for a GREAT Scholarship, please follow these steps:
- Visit the university page provided above to obtain more information and click on the link to access the university’s website.
- Follow the instructions provided on each university’s scholarship website to apply for individual scholarships.
- The deadline for applying for a GREAT Scholarship varies depending on the institution. For information on individual institutions’ deadlines, please check the institution’s website.
- Successful scholarship applicants will be notified by the individual universities regarding the result of their applications.
- After registration, Scholarship funding will be issued to successful scholars by individual universities.
Reach Imperial Pathways for personal one to one consulting support for your overseas education related discussions, scholarship and admission supports.